Wow a lot has happened since my last post 3 months ago...obviously can't fit it all in and really I do want to start using this blog for perusing my way thru the Bible. Now, I am just happy I remember the password to the site. Currently, I am reading The Case for the Creator by Lee Stroebel and really enjoying it...it really appeals to my scientific mind. As a matter of fact, it spurred on a great conversation with my Agnostic father.
As far as school goes, I defended my thesis on April 10th (it was a good presentation) and I graduated May 16th. My degree was officially posted on my transcript on May 26th. I started applying for jobs early thi s month and have had a couple of interviews which is good but need to do more applying.
Right now, I am on a family vacation to Orlando and that has been absolutely wonderful so far. I am thankful to so many for making this a cost efficient endeavor. One of my friends lives in Orlando and has blessed me with free entrances to all of the parks for me and two of my cousins. Furthermore, my parents were each one day free hopper passes, as well. One of my friends in Richmond allowed me to use his DVD player and this device that converts a cigarette lighter to an electrical socket making the long ride to FL much smoother. My SO did all the laundry and packing and did a wonderful job I might add so I did not have to do that. He also got me the Creation Series by Wildersmith for listening pleasure and loaded a couple of MP3 players for me which all saved time. All of these things made it much easier on me.
The trip down was very smooth. I helped my mom pack the stuff in the car early saturday am and with multiple stops in the middle we still pulled in to our condo by 11 pm which was a great thing. The condo is quite spacious. Each of the 4 families has a two bedroom deluxe (living room, dining room, kitchen), however, there is enough room for all of us (13) to eat/lounge, all in one of the condos...the resort is wonderful. Pictures to come soon I promise.
Well, i am too distracted right now...phone calls, people visiting the condo etc. so I will have to finish this up later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment