Sunday, March 8, 2009

First Post

I have just set up this blog. It is created with a dual objective. First, I want to chronicle my new and slowly evolving spiritual walk through the bible. I have chosen 24/7 as the tool to guide my chronological walk through the bible and will be starting tha this week. I am very interested in how the events of the bible happened in sequential order and how that sequence of events patterned with historical events. Furthermore, I am a scientist (more on me later) so I am interested in how events of science were relayed in the bible...i.e. are the findings of science "prophetically" mentioned in the bible. On a similar note, I was raised in a family with one Christian parent and one Agnostic parent so of course my scientific question is "Where does the evidence lie" in regards to the existence of a Creator and Jesus Christ. I believe these are answers that can only be found by reading and examinining in true depth the book itself. With a strong scientific background, I have heard the clear arguments for evolutionary development and now it is time to truly examine creationism. This has always been of interest but acting on this interest has been spurred on by events that have recently unfolded in my life that lead me, based purely on statistics, to believe there is something else other than chance, something more divine, that has to be the explanation. To this end, some books and people have really spurred my interest. I am interested in examining Lee Stroebel's book 'Evidence for a Creator" and maybe "Evidence for Jesus" (I think that is the title). Even though my love is science, especially life science, I believe that those with vast scientific foundation can also have strong religious convictions...look at Francis Collins and Kent Hovind.

Secondarily, I need an outlet for journaling my daily successes and struggles with life, career, family, and relationships. Writing is a strong suit for me and I feel a journal will be quite helpful... I may even use that digital camera that sits in the corner a little more now. I certainly can't let this blog look so visually barren for long. I hope those of you who follow or manage to stumble upon this blog enjoy the read but also realize that this is my journal of my personal thoughts that you happen to be allowed to be privy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment