There were certainly some positives in the week. Thursday, brought the news that despite impending layoffs at my company of employment, my section by in large, will not be affected by these layoff. Essentially, we are somewhat sheltered since our section is the 'moneymaker' of the hospital. My SO was out of town for most of the week and he generally does the cooking and cleaning but i managed to deal with lunches, cleaning, and getting up at 6 am in the morning without wasting money on eating out or anything else this week...this in and of itself is a feat since I am not a morning person. I also enjoyed his
return back here on Thursday. I did like all of the students in my building (i live in an apartment) being gone on spring break so it was quiet for writing and thinking and i enjoyed watching American Idol (it is one of the only shows I watch on TV). Today, I did not get to church, but spent most of yesterday and today tying up my thesis and submitting. it . There are a few things left to do but hopefully all will go well with that. My advisor has already emailed me informing me to set up my seminar date ASAP. However, I am not delusioned into thinking she read my thesis yet so I am hoping that all is still well after the final read.
This week has been busy and I knew it was going to be when I started this blog. However, I do plan on finally starting to read and write about the bible using 24/7 in the next couple of days (now that my thesis is winding down a little).
I also plan on doing a weekly Thanks and Praise post as well. With all the bad and challenging things that one has to deal with on a weekly basis, it is always nice to recenter on the things that really did go well during the week....I, as I am sure most do, frequently forget about those.
Well, thats all for now. Really need to liven this page up with some pictures I tell you.
No comments:
Post a Comment