Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's almost Friday and Life is Good

Hi,

This week seems to have gone far better than last week. I still have not gotten to talking to various regions about potential teach for america assignments but that will be done very soon. Work is going relatively smoothly, actually almost mundane. I still need to get applications out for other positions though...wow, reading this back to myself, it sound like I have gotten virtually nothing accomplished!

However, on the thesis front, the good news is I think I finally have a thesis defense date, the window of time of availability is only two hours and they still think that is a good date...waiting for one final confirmation and that will be set. I hope and pray that works out. The other good news is I have a friend that is formatting my pictures to be more crisp and clear...which is a great blessing. The bad news is my advisor has acknowledged receipt of my final thesis and encouraged the setting of a defense date but has NOT actually sent comments on the draft itself....which makes me scared.

There are things that are certainly on my mind this week. My SO is newly blind and very loved by me (although thanks to my thesis, it is not shown very much sometimes). He has been uprooted from a totally different state, been subjected to many doctors visits, and is finally getting vision loss services he is entitled...actaully they start really soon, which is awesome. He will be able to finally use a computer and take notes with ease and do things we all take for granted. However, some of the people that should be the closest to him seem to look out more for themselves and certainly fail to take his feeling and/or needs into consideration. This really, really bothers me.....don't get me wrong no one is an angel (and I am not saying he is immune to that) but he is entitled love and understanding and consideration and normal family relationships. Anyways, despite this, he has an absolutely awesome attitude about life, which I deeply admire. Just as importantly, he obviously deeply loves and trust me. Granted, sometimes I really wonder whether I can meet his needs effectively...I am a pretty independent, stubborn sort. Nonetheless, I hope and pray that the relationships that are most broken and bothersome to him mend themselves to something functional and reasonable, for everyone's sake, especially his....heck, at this point with thesis crazyville going one...he might say we could start with this one relationship right at home :) lol.

My friends are coming over tonight and I am looking forward to that as it is relaxing to me.

I did get my next nine weeks schedule and I have a full week of nights to work while the normal night person is off but usually you only actaully do work for about three hours of the night shift so I am okay with that. In this economy though, a job is a great blessing so I will take what I can get!

I guess that is enough of my complainfest for now! True bible related post will occurs soon but the stress level has been a little high and until defense day is all scheduled and my paper is considered sufficient, it is hard to focus on much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment